Friday, July 27, 2012

Hong Kong - HKIA and AREX

My Hong Kong trip was actually on 19-22 May 2012, but I only got the chance (or being less lazy than usual) today. So I'm gonna split the story of my HK trip in a few posts just to avoid a lengthy post *I never, ever like a lengthy post*

So I have one word to describe HK Airport, and it is HUGE!
Okay okay... that may have been an exaggeration on my part since I live in Singapore and the airport here is also quite huge (it comprises 4 terminals, how can it not be huge?!?!).

BUT! The reason I got the feeling that HK Airport is huge, was due to the number of open areas in the airport, and sooooo many ways leading to different gates, which got me a little bit confused, honestly. And that confusion lead me to missing the chance to take photos because I was busy finding the right way to the darn Immigration!!!

*Ladies and gentlemen, another drama-queen action just took place, please do ignore*

Anyway, right after the Immigration, you will pass a small hall where you can buy Octopus card (it's a card that stored cash value used to ride public transport - buses, MTR, etc), and also AREX tickets (Airport Express).

And since I travelled with 2 other friends, we bought a set of 3 AREX tickets (there's discount if you buy more than one - return tickets are not considered as two separate tickets unfortunately).

Then off we go to catch AREX!!

HKIA - arrival hall
the way to AREX platform right by the Arrival Hall
Inside AREX - neat looking seats
Inside AREX - compartments to place luggages
Inside AREX - cool looking progress lights to
give hints of distance of each stations
Kowloon AREX Platform - trolleys are available
can't resist not to take a picture of
a cute Angry Bird cake!


No comments:

Post a Comment