Thursday, July 26, 2012

BoA 보아 - Only One

I may have mentioned in my earlier post that I have a thing for k-pop (which sometimes I feel more like a guilty pleasure than sensible one -_-...)
Anyway, it's just a part of me that I must accept. Hee~

So today, as I was browsing my frequent-visited websites, I saw a new post on BoA's new music video - Only One - that was recently released.

To be honest, I'm not a fan of BoA, I always think that she debuted when she was in a very early of age. At the age where she was supposed to be having fun and carefree and having no worries on anything happen in the world, there she was, dancing and singing on stage, building a career while most of her peers were studying in school or just playing around with their friends.

But I guess, things have turned great for her. She has a great career as a singer/dancer in both Japan and Korea, she did try to debut in US, but I suppose US audience was not that into her - tough luck!

All in all, I have no strong opinion about her in any way, until I saw Only One.


And boy oh boy... She is one of the best dancer I've seen in K-Pop world (that I know so far)!

Her movement is fluid, powerful, and yet still gives a hint of feminine touch. She is a petite lady, and yet she can move in a way that can match the masculine dance of the backup dancers very well. It gives a nice contrast.

The choreography indeed looks complicated than the usual K-Pop dance, and also looks kinda tiring to be performed live, so I'm curious how she's gonna pull it off on stage.

Her comeback stage is scheduled this weekend (if I'm not wrong), and I'm looking forward to watch it on YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment