Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sewing Sunday - Lunch Bag and Zippered Pouch

These past few days have been very very HOT!!

I wish that it would rain, but apparently the sun really loves showing off his grand and greatness to the world... Even a friend of mine said that it felt like Sahara desert... Well, it was an exaggeration, but that could help giving an idea on how unusual it is to be this hot... :(

Anyway, I would like to thank the inventors of air conditioner and fan, because without them, I don't think I could survive today and finally finish 2 projects that had been in pending mode since last week.

I had been meaning to make a new lunch bag for me. The old one was too big. And I have this very beautiful Japanese fabric that I got months ago that I think would be perfect for a lunch bag.

The pattern of it is picnic or some sort. There are cakes, trees, flowers, fruits, bread, gifts, etc. And the color, oh how can I start with the color... They are bright and cheer-y! It kinda gives the Fall vibe, but then the flowers and butterflies kinda give Spring vibe. Oh well, it doesn't matter since I love it anyway!

I added a drawstring to make sure that the lunch boxes would just fit nicely inside and not spill nor turn over.


And then, I made a zippered pouch from the remaining fabric.


At first I thought of just making the pouch by patching the patterned and solid fabrics, but then I felt something was off, so I added additional lime checkered pattern fabric around it and I think it matches nicely!

No comments:

Post a Comment